Recipe by cinderbear57
Chili Rellenos Casserole is very good & easy to prepare Great for a busy week night, and good enough for company." Original recipe yield: 6 servings.
- 2 (7 ounce) cans green chili peppers, drained
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces longhorn cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay half of the chilies evenly in bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and cover with remaining chilies.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and flour, and pour over the top of the chilies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour tomato sauce evenly over the top, and continue baking another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and serve.