Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother made this as I was growing up have no clue where she got it.
- 2 (7 ounce) cansortega chilies (seeds removed and soak in water for 1/2 hour)
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, cheese grated
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can canned milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- Line with chilies.
- Make a layer of cheese, then repeat,chilies,cheese.
- Beat eggs,salt,pepper, canned milk, and flour.
- Pour over cheese and chilies.
- Bake 1 hour 350 until golden brown.
I have got to try this! I always order this dish at the Mexican restraunts.