Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my mom's recipe, a little modified. My family prefers Queso Fresco, but my wife and I prefer Chiuahua Cheese (it's melty, as opposed to queso fresco, which is crumbly). My mom also does not use the tomato sauce I use. I also have to make my mexican rice when I make this. It's a must!
- 4 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 3 -4 ounces chihuahua cheese
- oil, for frying
For tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oil in large pan.
- Make sauce by mixing everything in blender. Transfer to saucepan to warm.
- Once peppers are roasted, seeded, and peeled, stuff with cheese and hold pepper together with toothpick.
- With mixer, beat egg whites until foamy, once foamy, slowly add yolks.
- Dip stuffed peppers into egg mixture.
- Fry until brown on both sides.
- Serve topping with sauce.