Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple and good. Another of Michael's Mexican dishes that we love. He fixes this mostly during the summer when our banana peppers are giving us so much produce.
- 6 wax peppers (hot hungarian yellow or other banana pepper)
- 85.04 g monterey jack cheese
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites (throw away the yolks, save them for something very rich, or give them to the dog)
- 85.04 g part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 88.74 ml sour cream
- Cut top of pepper one quarter way around, then slit downward to tip.
- Remove seeds.
- Blanch and simmer in water for about 20 minutes.
- Cut 6 chunks of Monteray Jack cheese and insert into peppers.
- Beat eggs.
- Put butter in skillet on medium heat, pour in small amount of egg mixture when butter starts to get hot.
- When egg mixture begins to firm, place filled pepper on one half of circle of batter and flip batter over the pepper as the eggs cook.
- Do this for all 6 peppers.
- Remove to 2 or 3 small microwavable plates.
- Top with grated Mozzarella cheese and a tablespoon of sour cream.
- Microwave for about one minute, or until cheese melts.