1/10 Photos of Chiles Rellenos
Simple and good. Another of Michael's Mexican dishes that we love. He fixes this mostly during the summer when our banana peppers are giving us so much produce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut top of pepper one quarter way around, then slit downward to tip.
- 2Remove seeds.
- 3Blanch and simmer in water for about 20 minutes.
- 4Cut 6 chunks of Monteray Jack cheese and insert into peppers.
- 5Beat eggs.
- 6Put butter in skillet on medium heat, pour in small amount of egg mixture when butter starts to get hot.
- 7When egg mixture begins to firm, place filled pepper on one half of circle of batter and flip batter over the pepper as the eggs cook.
- 8Do this for all 6 peppers.
- 9Remove to 2 or 3 small microwavable plates.
- 10Top with grated Mozzarella cheese and a tablespoon of sour cream.
- 11Microwave for about one minute, or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiles Rellenos
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.8
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 206.6 mg
- Sodium 459.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: