Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This one is really HOT, but it is a great condiment on all kinds of foods. We particularly like it with Pad Thai -- it gives it some real zip.
- 1 cup fresno chile
- 1 cup serrano chili
- 3⁄8 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄8 cup sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)
- cut chilies into 1/2 inch pieces.
- combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan, cover and simmer over very, very low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chiles soften, stirring about every five minutes (do not allow to boil).
- allow to cool and store in a jar in refrigerator.