I got this recipe from a personal chef. This dish is one of the most popular among his clientelle and is served in some of the finest restaurants! Best of all...it is sooo easy!
- Let the sea bass sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Season it with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the sea bass for 4 minutes.
- Turn over and apply a thin coat of coarse grain mustard, sprinkle with Lawry's seasoning or Mrs.
- Dash, then sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Cover the pan and turn heat to low for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.
I didn't have much luck tonight with this recipe. I think it has potential, though. I made it as directed and the ingredients themselves are just fine. I think the issue is with the cooking method. My recommendation for next time would be to cook it for 6 minutes covered, and then to cook it for 2 or 3 minutes more uncovered. I cooked for 8 minutes covered and, although the fish was cooked just right, the topping was quite soggy. Thanks for posting.
You are so right this is a wonderful simple recipe. My friend is a very fussy eater and enjoyed this fish. I like that it isn't smothered in breadcrumbs but just a few for texture. Followed the recipe exactly served with a slice of lime Thanks Grace Lynn great recipe