1/4 Photos of Chilean Sea Bass With Moho Sauce
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Posting for ZWT 7. This recipe comes from epicurious.com/recipes. If Chilean sea bass is unavailable, any sea bass or firm white fish is fine to use for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Moho Sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly slivered onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
For the sea bass
- 1Prepare the Moho Sauce: Mix the garlic and onion in a small bowl with the cumin, salt, and pepper. Place the oil in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat. Add the onion mixture and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until translucent. Add the lime juice and vinegar, then simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. (Makes 2/3 cup.).
- 2Halve the sea bass fillets crosswise (into 8-ounce pieces).
- 3In a shallow bowl, whisk the lime juice with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add the fish and coat well. Marinate for 15 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
- 4Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 5With a very sharp knife, score the skin side of the fish twice diagonally to prevent curling.
- 6Place the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Sear the fish, skin-side down, over medium heat, holding the fillets down with a spatula until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- 7Remove fish to an ovenproof dish or skillet and bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 8Meanwhile, set the Moho Sauce over very low heat and gently heat through.
- 9Peel and slice the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit and slice each half into thin slices lengthwise.
- 10To serve, place a fish fillet in the center of 4 dinner plates. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of Moho Sauce atop each fillet. Fan 3 or 4 slices of avocado atop each serving and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Place a bowl of the extra cilantro and a bowl of Moho Sauce on the table.
Browse Our Top Chilean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilean Sea Bass With Moho Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.8
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar