1/1 Photo of Chilean Sea Bass Shepherd's Pie
Ethan Barrow's Note:
Chilean Sea Bass (also known as Patagonian Toothfish) is a moist and fatty fish providing a rich burst of flavor that is almost overwhelming by itself. If any fish will make you dance around the kitchen because it tastes so good, this is the one… The idea for this recipe though came to me after preparing two small steaks of CSB the previous night and thinking to myself how much it tasted like pork. Pork goes incredibly well with BBQ sauce and I’ve also heard of gourmet restaurants serving CSB wrapped in potato. The following night I prepared this Sheppard’s pie with the other half of the fillet and it exceeded my expectations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Layer the following ingredients in a glass baking dish in this particular order:.
- 21 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- 31 cup cooked long grain wild rice.
- 41 lb already baked Chilean Sea Bass (bake fillet at 400 degrees for 30 minutes – you cannot over cook this fish).
- 52/3 cup “Annie's Organic Original BBQ Sauce”
- 6Sautéed diced green peppers, fresh shitake mushrooms, and two cloves of garlic.
- 71 cup mashed red potatoes.
- 8Sea-salt and pepper to taste.
- 9**Please note: In the 90’s this fish was overfished almost to extinction. The Marine Stewardship Council, an international environmental agency based in London, has certified as sustainable one (yes 1) small Chilean Sea Bass fishery in the South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands in the South Atlantic near Antarctica. Whole Foods and a select group of high end suppliers will only purchases the fish from that particular fishery because of their unique practices, and this fishery represents only about 10% of the total harvest. Because of this, Whole Foods is the only place I will buy it as well, and on a very rare occasions.**.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilean Sea Bass Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 1293.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: