Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
After trying this salsa, it is hard to go back to store-bought salsa. I could eat my weight in this stuff, along with tortilla chips. Yum!!
Top Review by NCSouthernBelle
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I substituted olive oil for vegetable oil and the juice from one lime for the red wine vinegar. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe, it will definitely made again!
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 green serrano chilies (I use one of each) or 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped (I use one of each)
- 7.39 ml sea salt or 7.39 ml kosher salt
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 236.59 ml finely chopped sweet Spanish onions or 236.59 ml vidalia onion
- 14.79 ml minced fresh cilantro
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 59.14-118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar