Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
After trying this salsa, it is hard to go back to store-bought salsa. I could eat my weight in this stuff, along with tortilla chips. Yum!!
Top Review by NCSouthernBelle
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I substituted olive oil for vegetable oil and the juice from one lime for the red wine vinegar. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe, it will definitely made again!
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 green serrano chilies (I use one of each) or 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped (I use one of each)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet Spanish onions or 1 cup vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar