Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is traditionally served with any type of grilled meats. An excellent accompaniment to the main dish at your next barbecue. From Food and Drink Magazine. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 cups sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup finely sliced sweet onions or 1 cup red onion
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (or to taste)
- Mix tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper together on a platter.
- Combine oil and lemon juice and pour over salad.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves on top.
We have a ton of homegrown tomatoes so this was a nice one to try with them! I made it and served it right away. Doing that, I didn't feel like it had enough olive oil. There just was not much olive oil taste on the tomatoes. When it sat it got more flavorful. A good option, I'll just up the olive oil a bit next time!
Simplicity makes for perfection in this recipe. I will use this salad over and over with my summer tomatoes! Made for ZWT4. Thanks, Leslie!
What a pretty salad! I loved the fresh lemon juice over the tomatoes and onion - simple to make with simple summer-time flavors. Made for ZWT4.