Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa is similar to the Chimichurri from Argentina and can be used as a condiment or as a marinade for steak. The recipe is from Canadian Living. This recipe will cover BOTH as a marinade for 1 - 1 1/2 lbs of steak and as a salsa served with the steak
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 236.59 ml cilantro, fresh, packed
- 236.59 ml parsley, fresh
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml sherry wine vinegar or 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- In food processor pulse together onions, coriander, parsley, jalapeno peppers and water until finely chopped.
- Scrape into bowl. Stir in oil, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- If using for a marinade - half of the Pebre can be used for 1 - 1 1/2 lbs of steak - spread over meat and let marinate for up to 24 hours.
- The tomatoes should be added to the remaining Pebre if you are using the Pebre as a salsa.
Thanks! I will keep this recipe in my collection for dips and spreads. I can imagine to use this for a foundue chinoise as well! Done for ZWT7.
I made as a salsa and it was much enjoyed with sun chips. Thanks! Made for Everyday is a Holiday game.