1/4 Photos of Chilean Pastel De Choclo
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
There are many interpretations of this Chilean chicken and corn casserole. In this one, corn cooks with milk until it is slightly thick, then whirls in the food processor until smooth. Serve this slightly sweet dish with pebre, posted separately.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 1/2 cups fresh corn (or 2-16 oz.packages frozen corn, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine milk and corn in a large saucepan, bring it to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, let stand, covered 5 minutes. Place the corn mixture in a food processor, process it until smooth. Stir in the basil, 1 tsp of the sugar, and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 3Combine broth, onion, bell pepper, carrot, black pepper, garlic and bay leaves in a large saucepan. Bring it to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt, chicken, and parsley. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Drain, discard bay leaves.
- 4Place chicken mixture in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with the corn mixture, sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 tbsp sugar. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- 5Preheat broiler. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Enjoy!
- 6Yield: 4 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilean Pastel De Choclo
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 279.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 21.8 g