1/1 Photo of Chilean Fish With Honey-Mango Sauce
This is an entire meal, if cooked potatoes are added as a side dish. The fish normally used is a kind of snapper, or otherwise Chilean sea bass fillets. Any fresh fish will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces fish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce (choose your own favourite)
- 1 tablespoon oil (plus extra for frying)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh or pure)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper, chopped (in Chili they use scotch bonnet or habanero)
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn kernel (frozen or canned)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped (red onion preferred)
- 3 tablespoons bell peppers, red, finely chopped (approximate amount)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or use cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive oil if you prefer)
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine the barbecue sauce with the tablespoon oil, rub lightly over the fish fillets, and leave in a non-reactive dish at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- 2Mango sauce: Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, cover and cook 5 minutes, then add the mango, orange juice, hot pepper and honey, and stir well. Simmer, uncovered, for about 7 minutes. Puree the mixture in a blender, season with salt, put in a bowl, cover, and keep in a warm oven.
- 3Corn relish: Combine all the ingredients (corn kernels down to the oil). Season to taste. Put in a bowl, cover and put in warm oven with the mango sauce.
- 4Also put 4 - 6 plates in sam oven to warm up.
- 5In a pan (can use same one you used to make the mango sauce) heat some oil until hot. Fry the fish fillets for about 2 minutes per side, until JUST cooked through.
- 6To serve: Spoon some mango sauce in the centre of each plate. Set a fish fillet on top, and spoon some corn relish over the fillet. Serve immediately.
- 7Nice with simple boiled potatoes or baby potatoes, and a mixed green salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilean Fish With Honey-Mango Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 424.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g