Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
As a teacher, I would assign this recipe to my fifth-graders to make. It's easy, much more so if you have a food processor with a julienne disk for the carrots. This is a light and refreshing side for a summer meal or picnic.
- 5 young carrots
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 59.14 ml fresh-queezed lemon juice
- 14.79 ml finely minced fresh cilantro
- finely ground black pepper, to taste
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Combine all ingredients in serving bowl. Sere cold.
Quick and easy salad (would have been quicker and easier if I bought the pre-shredded carrots). I can see serving this a lot during warm weather. DH loved the taste and it definitely has a strongish cilantro flavor. Wasn't sure what a "young" carrot was so I ended up with 2C of shredded carrots. The lemon amount ended up being perfect from the 1 lemon I had left. I would use less oil next time since there was some pooling at the bottom of the bowl. Thanks.