Chef #355130's Note:
My Mother-In-Law from Chile was a cook. This is one of our favorite birthday/holiday cake. It tastes so much better the next day. Definitly worth the effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix Whites on High in large bowl for appx 7-10 minutes. (Must be fluffy and light texture).
- 2Add sugar, mix in well.
- 3Add 1 or 2 at a time egg yolk, mixing with a wire-whisk folding the yolk inches (color will all be a light yellow when you are finished).
- 4In a separate bowl, mix flower and baking powder with whisk or fork.
- 5Pour small amounts into a fine strainer over the large bowl with the folded eggs and sugar. After each session of small pours, fold flour with baking soda into the large bowl with wire-whisk.
- 6(Hint: the wire-whisk should look like a chicken drumstick each time you come up from the fold).
- 7Butter a rounded pan –a spring form works best (cake will rise almost half way up, so make sure pan is deep enough).
- 8Cook on 300 degrees for appx 40 minutes. Until cake is golden.
- 9While cake is cooking prepare fruit and cream (frosting).
- 11Choose any fruit you like (peaches, raspberries, strawberries, pineapple work best).
- 12In small to medium saucepan put 1 cup of sugar and ½ cup of water. Cook on medium and continually stir until it starts to boil. Then add fruit; cook for several minutes for flavor to take place in liquid and in fruit.
- 13Put fruit in Fridge to cool a little before cake is finished.
- 14Cream (Frosting).
- 151 Big (I think it is 1 ltr) Heavy Whip Cream.
- 16¾ cup of sugar.
- 17Mix on High until texture is much like a soft frosting, not liquid.
- 18You may add 1 can of manjar/dulce de leche for added flavor (can of condensed milk boiled in can for several hours-do not open can until it has been at least 2 ½ hours boiling)
- 19Finishing Cake.
- 20Once cake is cooked let it cool.
- 21Once cooled, cut in center (or twice to make 3 layers). Pour spoon sized amounts of juice from fruit all over on bottom layer. Add finished cream frosting, add fruit. Add on the next layer and Repeat on all layers.
- 22Top layer is normally decorated with fruit in patterns, and sides of cake covered with finished cream.
- 23Listo! The cake is ready.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilean Cake Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 370.1 mg
- Sodium 213.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 66.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g