This is an adaptation of a recipe from the Food Network, and is absolutely delicious! Time includes crock pot cook time, but you could also do this on the stove.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 0.5 (19 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (mild)
- 24 ounces tomatillos (canned, including liquid)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces salsa verde (hot)
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 pieces lean pork
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces mild green chilies (diced, including canning liquid)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 medium potatoes, cubed (optional)
- yogurt or sour cream
- Combine all ingredients (except those for serving) and place in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for one hour and then switch to low for an additional 4-6 hours - time could be different depending on how hot your crock pot cooks. (This could easily be cooked on the stove as well).
- At this point I like to break the meat up with a large spoon so that it is more or less "shredded".
- Serve with cilantro, yogurt or sour cream and tortillas (and a spoon!).