1/2 Photos of Chile Verde (Chicken or Pork)
5 hrs 20 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe from the Food Network, and is absolutely delicious! Time includes crock pot cook time, but you could also do this on the stove.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 0.5 (19 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (mild)
- 24 ounces tomatillos (canned, including liquid)
- 3 1/2 ounces salsa verde (hot)
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 pieces lean pork
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces mild green chilies (diced, including canning liquid)
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 medium potatoes, cubed (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients (except those for serving) and place in a crock pot.
- 2Cook on high for one hour and then switch to low for an additional 4-6 hours. (This could easily be cooked on the stove as well).
- 3At this point I like to break the meat up with a large spoon so that it is more or less "shredded".
- 4Serve with cilantro, yogurt or sour cream and tortillas (and a spoon!).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Verde (Chicken or Pork)
Serving Size: 1 (660 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 2103.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 22.4 g