Cook1 hr 15 mins
One of my favorite dishes. Serve with Quick Spanish Rice and refried beans. My husband commented that this recipe isn't as "green" as some he gets in a Mexican restaurant. If you want more green, use tomatillos. I just happen to like this just the way it is!
- Cut pork or beef into small cubes.
- Sauté in oil until browned.
- Drain off fat.
- Add chopped chilies, garlic, onion, tomato and water.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and simmer for about an hour, until tender.