Prep 48 hrs
Cook 20 hrs
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dark beer
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 -8 red potatoes, cut in half or quartered if large
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- First day: place brisket in the Crock Pot with onions.
- Mix the next 8 ingredients together and pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate overnight.
- Second day: skim fat from liquid and as much from the brisket as possible, add the potatoes and carrots, and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- You may need to cut the brisket in half and use fewer vegetables in a 3 1/2-quart pot.
I really wanted this to be 5 stars, Tina, but for some reason the meat was extremely tough. I really don't understand how it could be tough after cooking so long...That being said, the flavor was awesome! I will probably just use the seasonings on a regular chuck roast. Thanks for posting!