Recipe by ToriS
Top Review by Sue Lau
Very good! This is vaguely similar to shrimp creole, but without the celery or bell pepper one would normally expect to find. I like this with a little extra hot sauce on top as I didn't think one pepper made this very spicy at all. This goes great with rice! Thanks for posting!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 lb cooked peeled large shrimp
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan, then add the shallots, garlic, and chile.
- Saute until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme, wine, and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
- Discard the bay leaf and thyme sprig.
- Stir the shrimp into the sauce and heat through for a few minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.