Recipe by Jewelies
These look great served in the scallop shells. Just make sure to wash and dry them properly.
Top Review by triguy35
Just awesome! had some issues finding the thai chiles so i used a couple of habaneros. yes, that's right, habaneros... i like things super hot. will post the pic i took of it if i can find it.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (20ml)
- 32 small scallops
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 50 g fresh ginger, peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 fresh red Thai chile, seeded and chopped finely
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 80 ml sweet chili sauce (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 125 ml chicken stock (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the scallops in batches, until they just change in colour. Remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok, stir-fry garlic, ginger, chilies and onion until onion is soft.
- Stir in combined sauces, sugar and stock and bring to a boil. Return scallops to wok, stir until heated through.
- Serve scallops sprinkled with coriander.