Recipe by litldarlin
This recipe calls for Rib eyes, but I found that the Rib eyes can be a little tough. I substituted NY Strips for the Rib eyes and they turned out alot better for me.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 32 ounces rib eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 teaspoon of the salt, cumin, ancho chile powder, oregano, and sugar; rub over steaks.
- Let marinate at room temperature while preparing outdoor grill.
- Preheat stove top grill pan.
- Grill steaks 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes for medium.
- Transfer steaks to a platter; cover loosely with foil while making salsa.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until softened, 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chipotle, and lime juice.
- Cook, tossing mixture, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl; toss with cilantro.
- Spoon over steaks.
- Serve and enjoy.