Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
I LOVE chile rellenos. Serve with Santa Fe Red Chile Sauce. From Santa Fe Hot and Spicy Cookbook.
Make and share this Chile Rellenos With Red Chile Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Make a 2" slit lengthwise in each green chile pepper. Very carefully remove the seeds. Place 1/8 of the cheese strips in each pepper.
- In large bowl combine egg, flour, baking powder, salt, and water. Whisk together making a thick batter.
- I large heavy pot place oil and heat on high until hot. You can deep fry or just an inch of oil will do.
- Dip stuffed chiles (which have been patted dry to insure batter will stick) in batter. Cook in hot oil for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
- Spoon Santa Fe Red Chile Sauce on plate and top with chile relleno.