Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
throw this together and bake it In No Time! a great brunch or easy dinner
- 8 -10 green chilies, from a can
- 10 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Layer green chiles, halved, in a 1-1/2 quart dish.
- Sprinkle grated jack cheese over chiles.
- Whisk together the well beaten eggs, melted butter with the salt, pepper and cumin.
- Pour egg mixture over chiles and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until set.
Im surprised there's not 40 reviews on this,it is just the best recipe and easy.This is the only recipe I use and the only one anyone will ever need.Thanks for posting.