Absolutely delicious, and surprisingly easy to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 4 canned whole mild green chili peppers, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven the 375 degrees F.
- 2Place a chicken breast into a large Ziploc bag, close the bag almost all the way, then pound the chicken to a thickness to 1/2-inch thick; repeat with remaining breasts and set aside.
- 3Combine the grated cheese, cream cheese, onion, garlic, cilantro (if using), 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin, and 1 teaspoon of chili powder in a bowl and stir well.
- 4Take each canned whole chile pepper and stuff with a quarter of the cheese mixture.
- 5Take a flattened chicken breast and place a cheese-stuffed chile pepper on top, then roll the chicken breast around the pepper and fold in the sides; secure the roll with wooden toothpicks so that the toothpicks are as flat against the meat as possible (makes dredging easier).
- 6Repeat with all breasts and chile peppers.
- 7Beat the egg and milk together and pour into a shallow dish or pan.
- 8Combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, the remaining cumin and chili powder, and salt, and pour onto another shallow dish or pan.
- 9Dredge the rolled chicken breast in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs and coat well.
- 10Bake the rolls on an un-greased baking dish, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for about 40 minutes and the meat is tender and juices run clear.
- 11Remove and discard toothpicks.
- 12Garnish with chopped green onions and serve with a bit of sour cream/guacamole and Mexican rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Rellenos Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 144.6 mg
- Sodium 611.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 36.0 g