Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a spicy appetizer. Very yummy!!!
Make and share this Chile Rellenos Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped or sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Line bottom of ungreased 9x13-inch pan with chilies.
- Combine rest of ingredients and pour evenly over chilies.
- Bake at 325 for 25-30 minute.
- Cool slightly.
- So serve cut into small rectangles.
I made these but put them in phyllo shells in mini muffin pan. This made them very easy to eat and they were a big hit! The recipie makes 48 phyllo mini muff bites.
Yummy! I prepared as directed by the recipe, except I added some monterey jack cheese along with the cheddar. Delicious! This will definitely be repeated and next time I would like to try fresh peppers and roast them myself. I think that would be extra delicious. Thanks for a keeper Miss Diggy!
I love chile rellenos, but the traditional whole chile, deep-fried method is pretty labor-intensive, not to mention not very healthy. These were great. I also used the Mexican blend cheese and added a third 4-ounce can of chopped chiles so as to cover the entire bottom of my pan. I was trying to give this 4-1/2 stars, but I couldn't see how to do that. I'm new here.