Recipe by l0ve2c00k
I got this recipe from one of my cookbooks. It is very easy to make and it is also very good.
- 1 (4 ounce) canwhole roasted green chilies
- 8 large slice sourdough bread
- 4 slices deli sliced monterey jack cheese
- 4 slices deli sliced colby cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- powdered sugar (optional)
- thick & chunky salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut open chiles and remove any remaining seeds. Equally divide the chiles over 4 slices of bread. Top each with cheeses. Place remaining slices on top.
- In shallow bowl beat eggs, milk and cumin. Dip each sandwish in the egg mixture, turn until covered and liquid has been absorbed.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Place sandwishes in skillet. Grill 3-4 minutes per side, or until browned and cheeses are melted.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a spoonful of salsa, if desired.