Recipe by AmyZoe
I'm starting to really love trying different varieties of chile rellenos. I love how quick and easy it comes together, and I think it's even delicious for breakfast. Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's New Cookbook Prizewinning Recipes.
- 2 poblano chiles, peppers (LARGE or anaheim chile peppers, or green sweet peppers)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (or Mexican blend cheese)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (with jalapenos, shredded or Mexican blend cheese)
- picante sauce
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Quarter the peppers and remove seeds, stems, and veins.
- Immerse peppers into boiling water for 3 minutes and drain.
- Invert peppers onto paper towels to drain well.
- Place the peppers in a well-greased 2-quart square baking dish.
- Top with 1 cup cheese.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk.
- Add flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Beat until smooth with a rotary beater.
- Pour egg mixture over peppers and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the egg mixture comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- If desired, serve with picante sauce or sour cream.