I'm starting to really love trying different varieties of chile rellenos. I love how quick and easy it comes together, and I think it's even delicious for breakfast. Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's New Cookbook Prizewinning Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 poblano chiles, peppers (LARGE or anaheim chile peppers, or green sweet peppers)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (or Mexican blend cheese)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (with jalapenos, shredded or Mexican blend cheese)
- picante sauce
- sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Quarter the peppers and remove seeds, stems, and veins.
- 3Immerse peppers into boiling water for 3 minutes and drain.
- 4Invert peppers onto paper towels to drain well.
- 5Place the peppers in a well-greased 2-quart square baking dish.
- 6Top with 1 cup cheese.
- 7In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk.
- 8Add flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- 9Beat until smooth with a rotary beater.
- 10Pour egg mixture over peppers and cheese.
- 11Bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the egg mixture comes out clean.
- 12Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- 13Let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 14If desired, serve with picante sauce or sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 198.4 mg
- Sodium 406.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 17.1 g