1/1 Photo of Chile Rellenos Casserole
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Great anytime--morning, noon or night! Posted for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large fresh poblano chiles or 2 large fresh anaheim chilies or 2 large green sweet peppers
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese (2 ounces)
- picante sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Quarter the peppers and remove seeds, stems, and veins.
- 2Immerse peppers into boiling water for 3 minutes; drain.
- 3Invert peppers on paper towels to drain well.
- 4Place the peppers in a well-greased 2-quart square baking dish.
- 5Top with 1 cup of Pepper Jack cheese.
- 6In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk. Add flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- 7Beat until smooth with a rotary beater.
- 8Pour egg mixture over peppers and cheese.
- 9Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree F. oven about 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into egg mixture comes out clean.
- 10Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 11If desired, serve with picante sauce and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 184.1 mg
- Sodium 518.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 17.2 g