Great anytime--morning, noon or night! Posted for ZWT3.
Make and share this Chile Rellenos Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large fresh poblano chiles or 2 large fresh anaheim chilies or 2 large green sweet peppers
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese (2 ounces)
- picante sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Quarter the peppers and remove seeds, stems, and veins.
- Immerse peppers into boiling water for 3 minutes; drain.
- Invert peppers on paper towels to drain well.
- Place the peppers in a well-greased 2-quart square baking dish.
- Top with 1 cup of Pepper Jack cheese.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk. Add flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Beat until smooth with a rotary beater.
- Pour egg mixture over peppers and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree F. oven about 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into egg mixture comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- If desired, serve with picante sauce and sour cream.