Recipe by Annacia
Or Burgers For The Tourist. If you enjoy Mexican flavors you're going to love this.
Top Review by Pesto lover
We all loved these burgers! The only modification I made was to use fresh jalapeno peppers from my garden, which we grilled along wih the burgers. Delicious! Thanks for sharing such a good recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and halved
- 4 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Shape beef into four patties.
- Mix chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown patties on both sides.
- Top each with mixed spices and then the onion.
- Reduce heat, cover, cook slowly for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Top each patty with chilies and a slice of cheese.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and ketchup. Place burgers on buns. Serve with the salsa mixture and sour cream.