Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve this dish with a fresh fruit salad and warm bread
Make and share this Chile Rellenos recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, stir and cook onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in green chilies; spoon evenly into a 8x8 inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- In a bowl, beat eggs lightly.
- Add sour cream, salt and pepper flakes; beat until blended.
- Spoon mixture over cheese.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
I modify this with what I have on hand. It's a fail safe breakfast, lunch or light dinner!
Wow. I can't believe that I'm the first reviewer! This is really good. It's got more pizazz than the usual chiles rellanos casseroles. It's super easy to make, too. I had cans of whole chiles, so I just diced them by hand. This was fabulous. It makes a nice brunch or anytime meal. Thanx!
So good. Used the sauce from Ron's Chiles Rellenos over this one. Wonderful.