Recipe by evelyn/athens
Excellent breakfast or brunch dish. Super easy, too.
Top Review by cookiedog
I made this for a brunch and it got rave reviews. I was a little worried when my pie plate was mostly filled with cheese that it wouldn't hold together but it was fine. The chiles and cheese together were divine!
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix grated cheeses and spread evenly in buttered 10 inch pie plate.
- Beat eggs, add flour slowly, and then beat in half and half.
- If mixture is lumpy, strain it.
- Pour egg mixture over cheeses in pie plate.
- Carefully spoon chiles over the surface, then spoon picante sauce over all.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until center is set.