Recipe for a single three egg omelet filled with a jalapeno pepper and Jack cheese. Included are Richard Nelson's directions for how to make an omelet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small nonstick skillet or omelet pan, heat butter until sizzling over moderately low heat.
- 2Meanwhile slit the pepper lengthwise and lay flat, remove seeds if less heat is desired; lay pepper on top of cheese slice; whisk water, eggs and dry seasonings together.
- 3Add egg mixture to the sizzling butter and turn heat up to medium-high; stir the eggs with a fork for 15 seconds.
- 4As the eggs begin to set, smooth them with the fork while shaking the pan over the heat; place the cheese slice and pepper across the omlette, perpendicular to the pan handle and off-center (closer to the handle).
- 5Grab the pan handle from underneath, hold the serving plate next to the front of the pan (opposite the handle) and slide the first half of the omelet onto the plate, folding the second half over it by tilting the omelet pan up and over.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Relleno Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.0
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 720.4 mg
- Sodium 524.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g