Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick version with all the flavor! Adapted from Fiery Foods! Serve with salsa, along with rice and beans for a meal!
- 4 mild chiles (like Ortega, Sandia, Big Jim, Aneheim, Cuban)
- 4 -6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 flour tortillas
- Roast and peel the chiles and cut open lengthwise.(Roast by placing chiles in broiler, turning every few minutes after skin blisters, watching closely. Remove and place in damp towels for about 10 minutes. Peel skin.).
- Remove the seeds and stuff with the cheese.
- Wrap each chile tightly in a flour tortilla.
- Place on a microwaveable plate and heat for a couple of minutes on medium heat, until the cheese is melted. Or, heat in the oven for about 5-8 minutes at 350*F, until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Great idea! This came out well- thank you!
This were pretty good, but needed a little something extra. Next time I may try adding a ranchero sauce on it before putting it in the oven. I used poblano peppers (Baked at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, put in sealed glass bowl for 10 then peeled). I might also use Mexican white cheese instead of cheddar next time. Great concept! Thanks for posting!
These were really good! Hubby likes them spicy so I used jalapenos (big ones!) and I baked the rolls in the oven for about 12 minutes. The roasting of the peppers before stuffing really brought out a nice flavor - thanks!