Recipe by imjred
It seems that we always have extra wonton wrappers after cooking an Asian themed meal. Looking for something to do with the extras I came up with this. It turned out great! This is a easy appetizer (we had it as a dinner) recipe. This was also a BIG hit with the kiddos which makes it even better. Give them a try.
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton skins
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (7 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon crushed peppercorn (we use multicolor blend)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups canola oil
- sour cream
- green chili sauce (Stokes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open cans of Green Chiles, rinse in colander, drain and place in medium size mixing bowl.
- Mix green chilies with cream cheese, shredded cheese, pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- While mixing ingredients heat oil for frying (medium-high heat).
- Place cheese mixture in quart size zip-lock bag.
- Snip one corner off of bag.
- Squeeze mixture to start flow from hole.
- Pipe (squeeze) about 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture in the corner of each wonton skin.
- Roll wonton wrapper as you would for an egg roll.
- Fry in hot oil until light golden brown.
- After finished cooking serve either as dinner of appetizer with sides of sour cream, salsa and green chili sauce (Stokes).