Terri F.'s Note:
Posted in request for a Chile Relleno casserole with fresh chiles. I have not tried this recipe, personally.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces whole green chilies
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (13 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Rinse chiles, open flat and remove seeds.
- 2Drain on paper towels.
- 3Brown meat with onion and garlic, and drain fat from pan.
- 4Add 1 tsp cumin, half of the chili powder, and salt, and stir until well blended.
- 5In a greased 9x13 pan, layer chiles, beef, and another layer of chiles.
- 6Combine cheeses and sprinkle on top of layered mixture.
- 7Beat together eggs, milk, and flour, and pour over layers.
- 8Mix tomato sauce with 2 tsp cumin and remaining chili powder.
- 9Pour tomato mixture over all.
- 10Bake in 350 F oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Relleno Casserole With Fresh Chiles
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.6
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 159.8 mg
- Sodium 723.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 27.9 g