Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I received this recipe years ago from a gal named Marti. Because of the texture of this casserole it tastes more like the single chili rellenos that most Tex-Mex resturants make. Easy too!
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cansof diced chilies (Anaheim variety)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick
- Combine milk, eggs, and bisquick in a bowl.
- Layer in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish/pan the items in the following order once only.
- Cheddar Cheese, 1 can of chilis, jack cheese, 1 can of chilis, egg mixture.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
These were yummy, and I'll probably make them many more times in the future, but nothing beats a good old-fashioned pan-fried chile relleno! Thanks for a quick 'n easy submission however.
This is the best Chili Relleno Casserole ever!! Tastes just like the Chili Rellenos you get when you order them at a restaurant. Easy and delicious. (In response to an earlier review, Chili Rellenos are supposed to be cheesy!)
I love Chili Rellenos and thought this would be a great and easy recipe. I did not use the 2 lbs of cheese listed - maybe only 1 1/2 lbs and I still thought it was too cheesy. Good flavor - DH loved it, I just thought it was ok - dont know if I will make again