Recipe by Peggy L.
My family and I really enjoy Southwest foods. Chile relleno are one of our favorites, however; time does not always allow for the time involved in preparing chile rellenos. This recipe is easy and quite good.
Top Review by Sharon123
I made this along with your cilantro rice and Joanne's Sweet and Hot Pickles for a lovely supper. So good with salsa and easy and quick too! Made for Pick a Chef(PAC) event, spring 2014.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) can whole green chilies
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove all of the seeds from the Chiles.
- Place a layer of Chiles in and ungreased baking dish 9x13.
- Then place a layer of cheese followed by a layer of Chiles and continue layering untill all of the Cheese and Chiles have been used.
- Mix the eggs, flour, baking powder, milk, garlic salt, cumin and red bell pepper together and pour over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Serve with salsa on the side.