Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I've had this recipe for years--not sure where it came from originally, but it sure is good!
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (7 ounce) cans whole green chilies, split open
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 lb.)
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Beat first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Arrange chilies from 1 can in prepared dish, covering bottom completely.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of each cheese.
- Repeat layering twice.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Let stand 30 minutes. (This can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
- Bake until casserole is slightly puffed in center and golden brown on edges, about 45 minutes.
- Cool 20 minutes and serve.