Recipe by Desperada
Cheesy and delicious. An easy extra dish for Mexican dinners or for a festive brunch.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Made this dish today for lunch and it was really tasty. We loved the taste of the green chilies and the monterrey jack cheese. I used some gruyere cheese on top to add a little different flavor to the dish. Thanks for the post. Made for PAC 2011.
- 4 (7 ounce) cans mild green chilies, whole
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chilis lengthwise on one side, remove seeds and drain.
- Slice Monterey Jack cheese into 1/4 thick slices and place inside chilis.
- Place stuffed chilis in an ungreased baking dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper and pour over chilis.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.