Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cheesy and delicious. An easy extra dish for Mexican dinners or for a festive brunch.
- 4 (7 ounce) cans mild green chilies, whole
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Slice chilis lengthwise on one side, remove seeds and drain.
- Slice Monterey Jack cheese into 1/4 thick slices and place inside chilis.
- Place stuffed chilis in an ungreased baking dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper and pour over chilis.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Made this dish today for lunch and it was really tasty. We loved the taste of the green chilies and the monterrey jack cheese. I used some gruyere cheese on top to add a little different flavor to the dish. Thanks for the post. Made for PAC 2011.