This recipe has its roots as a crock pot recipe, but I was in a hurry. Leave out the seasoned hamburger meat for a vegetarian pleaser.
- Brown hamburger meat with chopped garlic. When brown, add taco seasoning and water. Drain and set aside.
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Tear chile peppers open and line bottom of casserole. Layer all hamburger meat and 2/3 cheese on top of chiles.
- Top with another layer of chiles and top with remaining cheese.
- Combine eggs, flour and milk. Pour over chile mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325F for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
I have changed this up a little by chopping my chilies up and mixing in a can of rotel and kidney beans. YUM!
My husband and I loved this dish !!! I did change it a bit though. I didn't use the flour, eggs, milk and water. I just layered the chilies, meat and cheeses. Then baked it until melted and bubbly. We also used tortilla chips and ate it as a dip ! Delicious!
Pretty tasty, very easy to make. Thanks!