1/2 Photos of Chile Relleno Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Battered Chef's Note:
This recipe has its roots as a crock pot recipe, but I was in a hurry. Leave out the seasoned hamburger meat for a vegetarian pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown hamburger meat with chopped garlic. When brown, add taco seasoning and water. Drain and set aside.
- 2Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3Tear chile peppers open and line bottom of casserole. Layer all hamburger meat and 2/3 cheese on top of chiles.
- 4Top with another layer of chiles and top with remaining cheese.
- 5Combine eggs, flour and milk. Pour over chile mixture.
- 6Cover with foil and bake at 325F for 45 minutes.
- 7Remove foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Relleno Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.9
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 217.0 mg
- Sodium 555.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 33.3 g