Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
An "easy" version of chile relleno
- 1 (27 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease 9x13-inch glass pan.
- Drain and pat dry the chilies.
- Stuff each chilie with strips of jack cheese.
- Place the stuffed chilies on the bottom of pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (except the cheese) until blended and pour over the chilies.
- Top with the shredded cheese and bake at 375°F for one hour.