Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chile Relleno Casserole has been a huge hit here in the "Loops". I was making it to intialy accomodate a person that prefers a vegan diet. Use Yogourt in place of milk for added flavour.
- 4 eggs
- 5 stalks asparagus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons salsa (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 3 (7 ounce) cans jalapeno peppers or 3 (7 ounce) cans chipotle chiles
- Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Beat eggs, milk and spices in medium bowl to blend.
- Arrange chiles from one can on bottom covering bottom completely.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Pour egg mixture over all.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake until casserole slightly puffed in the center and golden brown about 45 minutes.
- Place Asparagas sprouts on top of Relleno about 30 minutes into the baking time.
- Top with sour cream and salsa (opt.).
- Everybody has raved about this dish and some claim it to be a real "plate licker".