Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a EASY way to make chili relleno's It is VERY yummy, I like it for dinner & leftovers for breakfast, Yum, Yum! I also add salsa to top it off :o> This also makes a nice light dinner for those hot summer days!
- 680.38 g whole chilies
- 226.79 g shredded monterey jack cheese
- 29.58 ml flour
- 158.51 ml evaporated milk (5 oz)
- 453.59 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- Rinse, remove seeds and drain chilies. alternate chilies and cheese to make 3 layers each in a buttered 9"x13" pan.
- beat eggs with flour and salt. blend in milk. pour over chilies and cheese. bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Fabulous! I used the mozzarella cheese that has the chiles in it (Tillamook)and tossed in a couple tablespoons of cilantro I had on hand. Topped it with salsa and fresh tomatoes. I also added another egg, just because I wanted to stretch it a little more (it's an awful lot of cheese and I didn't want it to be too heavy). It was great! Thanks for posting this!
I couldn't find the whole chilies so I used the chopped chilies. I think the whole chilies would have given it a different flavor so I can't honestly comment on this recipe. As I made it I wouldn't make it again. My family found it very mild and boring. Sorry
My husband loves authentic mexican meals he is from Mexico. He liked this very much. I did add in layers a layer of ground meat sauteed with jalepenos, tomotoes,and spices. added a little tomotoe sauce on top. And some Queso Fresco along with the Cheddar cheese. Turned out great.Will keep this one.