Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great appetizer recipe that I brought back from Baja.
- olive oil
- oyster sauce
- Old Bay Seasoning (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 guero chiles (these look like yellow jalapenos)
- 1 lb shrimp, raw, peeled, deveined
- Prepare peppers by making a "T" shaped cut on the side, starting just below the stem. (see photo).
- Remove the seeds, core, and veins, leaving the stem intact.
- Mince shrimp; add old bay, garlic, and cilantro.
- Stuff peppers with shrimp.
- Heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of your pan, and add peppers turning to lightly sauté.
- Arrange peppers in pan shrimp side up, and drizzle with oyster sauce.
- Cover and simmer until done through.