Recipe by Acerast
I've been making this for so long I don't remember where the recipe came from. The recipe calls for Monterey Jack Cheese but you can use Pepper Jack, Cheddar or a combination of cheeses. You can also add chopped fresh jalapenos, black olives, hot sauce....what ever suits you. Buen Provecho!
Top Review by Mika G.
Fantastic! I made these for my husband's Valentine breakfast and it was a big hit! We will be making these a lot in the future. I did bake a little longer than the recipe said just because I wanted to make sure they were done in the middle. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
- 4 flour tortillas (7-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease four 10-ounce custard cups.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with the melted butter.
- Nestle each tortilla into one of the custard cups - forming "bowls".
- In a small bowl combine the cheese, flour, salt and pepper; put half of this mixture into another small bowl and set aside.
- To the remaining half of the cheese add eggs, chilies, garlic and onion; distribute evenly into the tortilla "bowls".
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over egg mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Great with fresh fruit!