Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've been making this for so long I don't remember where the recipe came from. The recipe calls for Monterey Jack Cheese but you can use Pepper Jack, Cheddar or a combination of cheeses. You can also add chopped fresh jalapenos, black olives, hot sauce....what ever suits you. Buen Provecho!
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease four 10-ounce custard cups.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with the melted butter.
- Nestle each tortilla into one of the custard cups - forming "bowls".
- In a small bowl combine the cheese, flour, salt and pepper; put half of this mixture into another small bowl and set aside.
- To the remaining half of the cheese add eggs, chilies, garlic and onion; distribute evenly into the tortilla "bowls".
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over egg mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Great with fresh fruit!
Fantastic! I made these for my husband's Valentine breakfast and it was a big hit! We will be making these a lot in the future. I did bake a little longer than the recipe said just because I wanted to make sure they were done in the middle. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
These were so cute. I think that in my oven I needed to bake these more like 30 minutes rather than 25. The only thing that I did different was to heat the tortillas first in the microwave to make them a bit more flexible, and then spread some butter on them.
What a nifty idea! I used half pepperjack and half monterey cheeses and added a few chunks of tomato this time, but these crunchy little cups have endless possibilities. I served these for lunch with a salad. Thank you for sharing the recipe!