Recipe by April4
I found this recipe in an old cookbook I made for my mom in gradeschool! Since finding it, it's been a delicious favorite for the whole family...
Top Review by PixieHD
My mom used to make this when we were young and I loved it, try adding a dash or two of tabasco to the raw egg mixture... I also add a pinch or two of ground cumin. Coat the whole bottom of pan with Ortega chilis. this recipe is better with 3 layers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup fresh green chili peppers or 1⁄2-1 cup canned green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet.
- Add pepper.
- Press 1/2 of chile on bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese.
- Top with meat mixture and top with the rest of the chile.
- Combine the eggs, flour, salt and milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture over chile and meat.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until brown on top.