Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a great crowd pleaser even though it is meatless- every time I make this I am asked for the recipe.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beans, drained and rinsed black (any whole bean of choice)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt-free fajita seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (any spiciness you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) canwhole anaheim chilies (drained)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (any type you like)
- 12 corn tortillas
- In a small 31/2 to 4 quart crock pot- spray with a non-stick spray and start to layer ingredients in order.
- sauce( enough to cover bottom).
- Corn tortillas, torn up in big chunks, to.
- cover bottom.
- bean mixture to cover.
- shredded cheese, to cover.
- whole chiles, to cover.
- Continue to layer in order until you reach the top of the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, high 3-4.
- For a large group, double and use a 5-6 quart crock pot.