Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little different from the other posted. Adapted from Cooking With Too Hot Tamales cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a sealed jar. Enjoy!
After I made this I had to try a pinch of it, this is so very, very good! I can't wait to make a batch of chile to use this in. Once again, Penzeys Spices to the rescue, with the ancho chile powder. I love the blood red color of this powder. My DD ran the Dam to Dam Race in Des Moines today (13 miles) and I had her pick the chile powder up for me. I made this for ZWT III 2007 - United States Region.